So I decided to try and move my alexgallacher.com blog and a few other web pages and apps to a new faster, more secure service to decrease load times and to automate some of the updating and backup processes.
Here's the complete journey I went on and how I did it - enjoy!
This how-to series focuses on dockerising and securing everything you need to self-host and run a blazing-fast Ghost blog.
This includes an NGINX reverse proxy and its Letsencrypt SSL Companion, Ghost itself and a Maria database.
- How to Setup Docker and Docker Compose for Ghost Blog
- How to setup NGINX reverse proxy with automatic Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate Generation on Docker for a Ghost blog
- How To Setup A Ghost blog Using MariaDB with NGINX SSL on Docker
- How to Setup NGINX Alpine for Lightweight Static Files on Docker
- How to setup Commento on Docker Compose
- Auto update Docker Containers by setting up Watchtower
- How to Prune Docker Images Automatically with a Daily Cron job