So i decided to try and move my alexgallacher.com blog and a few other web pages and apps to a new faster, more secure service to decrease load times and to automate some of the updating and backup processes. Here's the complete journey i went on and how i did it - enjoy!
This how-to series focuses on dockerising and securing everything you need to run a Ghost blog.
This includes an NGINX reverse proxy and its Letsencrypt SSL Companion, Ghost itself and a Maria database.
- How to choose and setup VPS with Docker and Docker-compose for a Ghost Blog
- How to setup NGINX reverse proxy with automatic Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate Generation on Docker for a Ghost blog
- How to Setup A Ghost blog using MariaDB with NGINX and Lets Encrypt on Docker Compose
- How to setup NGINX Alpine to serve lightweight static files and static websites on Docker
- Setup Commento for comments on a Ghost blog using Docker
- How to setup additional Websites on NGINX and Lets Encrypt using Docker
- Turbocharge your Ghost blog using Cloudflare caching
- Setup Watchtower on Docker to automatically update your Ghost Blog
- How to secure and harden your Ghost blog using upstream firewalls